Saturday, January 8, 2011

52 WEEK FINANCIAL CHALLENGE, 2011!!!

Ok, so I'm not perfect after all!  It's always been a challenge for me to save money thats easily accessible.  The temptation to dip into it overwhelms me and I "steal" from myself ALL THE TIME!  Although, I have several saving accounts that are funded automatically, I don't have immediate access to the funds in case of an extreme emergency where a sizable amount of cash is needed!  I'm talking about something like KATRINA where evacuation is needed, backs are closed, etc.  Yea, a lil dramatical but you know what I mean, crazy ish has been going down lately.  So I've challenged myself to exhibit the self control (that every woman that's almost 41 years old should have) to have a stash right at my finger tips and not touch it.  If you have similar issues with saving or if you just want to save for a future purchase, then please join me on this 52 week financial challenge for the year 2011.  Our goal is to save $1.00 a week,  increasing our savings every week by $1.

For example:                                                                      
Week 1 -$1
Week 2- $2
Week 3- $3........
Week 52 - $52

Our total savings for 52 weeks will be $1378.

I've got to 2 of my peeps on board already!  They will be using their savings accounts because they aren't flawed like me.  What can I say, I get it from my mama, lol!  I need to conquer this issue once and for all, so I will be keeping my stash in a secure yet accessible place.

Comment below and let me know what you think.  I'll need your encouragement along the way, this is really gonna be a challenge for me and will require major restraint.

No comments:

Post a Comment