Sunday, December 26, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Yea I know, I'm late!  I did manage to communicate with quite a few of you yesterday.  I'm still exhausted from all the preparation for and hosting Christmas dinner.  I'm getting too old for this.  I don't know how my mother did this for so many years.  I consider myself an organized person but I found myself spinning in circles on Friday night trying to get this together.  The real panic set in on Saturday morning when I discovered that an entire Crate and Barrel bag containing table linens and accessories (napkins, napkin rings, placemats, etc.) could not be found.   I was able to put the table together but it was not what I planned so I spent a few hours searching and I still haven't found that damn white and black bag.  I know it will show up one day and I will laugh at the thought of how upset I was.  This is what I managed to put together.



To me it looked a bit bare but all of my other accessories were gold and I was going with a silver and white theme.  Dinner was delish, and there are pics of the feast but I've also lost my damn camera somewhere in this house.  I'll post those pics at a later date.  

I was in bed by 9 p.m. as we decided to rise early to shop the sales with our Christmas cash before the blizzard!  I managed to find a few things but overall I was not in the mood and our group of 7 was just too much to keep up with.  I recently had an epiphany that I really like to shop alone, I get so much more accomplished.  Also,  I feel I can make better decisions when I don't have someone else's agenda to consider.  I hate shopping with folks that don't know what they want and just wander around aimlessly (my Mother), it's such a waste of time.  

This evening, I've washed my hair and I'm deep conditioning as I type this post.  I know, I'm always doing something hair related.  My mane does take up a lot of my time but its worth it.  I'm hoping for, actually I'm assuming tomorrow will be a snow day and I'll be able to get through a few magazines and get some sleep.  Oh btw, one of my gifts was a subscription to Essence magazine, thanks, Davis!  Looks like the issues will keep piling up and reading them will be on my to do list for yet another year.

How was your holiday?  Did anyone get any fabulous gifts?


No comments:

Post a Comment