Sunday, February 13, 2011

My 40TH year in review - January, 2010 trip to DC by way of Alexandria, VA

Yea, I know technically I wasn't 40 at this point but my lis sis Nan, planned a trip to the DC/VA area for me over the MLK weekend.  We even planned to visit the White House, but at the last minute our tour fell through :(!

So after much preparation and packing, on Friday, January 15th we drove to Alexandria, VA where we would stay at the Wyndham Resort in Old Town Alexandria.


Once we were all checked in we were off to find our suite,


We entered into a lovely living/dining area and kitchen!



Of course, I went to check out the bedroom,

 
The bed look so much like home, I was relieved!  The bathroom appeared nice and tidy too,but I still wiped it down, lol!


After we rested up a bit, it was time for our dinner reservation at La Tasco, Alexandria


It's a tapas restaurant, so we ate and ate!!!

 


During dinner, there was a show with Flamenco dancers, very entertaining!


After dinner we took a walk around Old Town Alexandria and did a lil shopping, of course.

The next day, we took the metro into DC and had lunch at Ben's Chili Bowl


Nan waiting in line, it wasn't too bad but once inside it was insane! 

I paid for the chili and half smoke I ate at Ben's, let's just say our plans for the evening were canceled.  I got really acquainted with the suite's bathroom.  It was worth it, the smoked sausage was unlike any that I've ever tasted.

It rained like cats and dogs the next day so we started off slowly with brunch at Art & Soul located in the Capital Hill area.

then we took a drive-by tour of some of the monuments 


  



Back in our suite we spent our last night relaxing, catching up while sipping and snacking.  My lil sis, Nanny took such good care of me, ensuring that I had a relaxing and enjoyable time.  Thanks for a great kick off to a great year.  I can't wait to see what kind of fun she has in store for us next weekend in A.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment