Monday, March 12, 2012

SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS

I was inspired tonight to make smothered pork chops after reading Monica Mingo's post regarding the same.

I started out with these beauties, 

After seasoning, I sliced up onions and green peppers and sauteed them in canola oil and butter.

Removed the onions and peppers from the pan and added about 2 cups of canola oil,
then floured the chops and fried them until they were golden brown and removed them to paper towels.

After draining all but 2 tbsps. of the oil from the pan, I added 2 tbsps. of flour and cooked to until brown.


Then I added about a cup of chicken stock and after it came to a boil I added back the onions, 
peppers and chops.

After simmering for about 30 min., I served with rice, peas and corn muffins. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment